With Christmas just around the corner, many folks are searching for those perfect gifts for loved ones and friends. And it can be a challenge, to say the least. But here are some thoughts that I posted last year at this time because they are just as relevant today as they were 12 months ago. It just might give you some very unique and uplifting ideas for what you can give this holiday season and all year round that will mean whole lot more than anything material!
Suggestions passed on to me include:
* The gift of listening. No interrupting, no planning your response. Just listening.
* The gift of affection. Being generous with appropriate hugs, kisses, and pats on the back.
* The gift of laughter. Sharing funny stories and jokes. Your gift will say, “I love to laugh with you.”
* The gift of a written note. Expressing in a brief, handwritten note your appreciation or affection.
* The gift of a compliment. Sincerely saying, “You look great today” or “You are special” can bring a smile.
But the best free gift of all that I can think of was found in a manger thousands of years ago. And sharing that amazing news tops all the rest!
Best wishes as you prepare to celebrate this Christmas!